Re: Question to all candidates about stable point releases

* Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt <he@ftwca.de> [2006-03-04 13:02:20]:
> Though Martin 'Joey' Schulze as stable release manager presents lists of
> packages that are accepted into the next stable point release on a
> regular basis, they normally are not released "roughly two months after
> the last update" (which is the official plan).
>
> Do you know why this doesn't work as planned? What would you do to
> make regular point releases possible?

I worked on this issue during the last year and tried to find out
what creates the holdups. As almost all hard problems it is a social
one: The point-release manager and the FTP-Masters have sub-optimal
working relationships.

The "quick" (yeah, right!) fix is to find people who can work well
with all involved parties and help with both working and talking. The
prefered solution would of course be to let the involved parties sort
out their working relationships. I will go for the quick fix first
since I feel that the underlying problems are beyond my powers to
solve.