Re: Question to all candidates about stable point releases

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 01:02:20PM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>Heya,
>
>Though Martin 'Joey' Schulze as stable release manager presents lists of
>packages that are accepted into the next stable point release on a
>regular basis, they normally are not released "roughly two months after
>the last update" (which is the official plan).
>
>Do you know why this doesn't work as planned? What would you do to
>make regular point releases possible?

As far as I can see, the point releases take quite some co-ordination
between Joey and the ftpmasters, and a lot of work on both
sides. Finding the time to do that seems difficult, as far as I can
see.

If it would help, I'd like to get more involved. I'm already somewhat
involved _after_ the fact of the point releases in the archive, in
doing the new CD and DVD builds. Guys, how can we help you?

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/