Re: Question to all candidates about the NM process

* Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt <he@ftwca.de> [2006-03-04 13:06:37]:
> Though there are often threads about problems with it on our mailing
> lists, the NM process hasn't changed much in the last three or four
> years. What do you think about the most common problems (takes too
> long, is asking for too broad knowledge)?
>
> Do you think that we need to change the NM checks?

Basically, we should let good people become Developers faster. I know that
one of the core problems is currently that there are not enough developers
involved with NM.  However, I don't have a ready recipipe how to resolve this.
As a DPL, I would help you (and the other involved people like the DAMs) as
good as I can to change anything that you consider worth changing.

My basic strategy as DPL is not to do micro-management myself, but to help
good people to do their job.