Re: Questions about Ubuntu

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 07:23:08PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> here are some questions for all candidates. They are related to the
> Debian-Ubuntu cooperation. (If you're not a candidate and wish to give me
> your opinion on that subject, please do so by private mail or move the
> discussion elsewhere like debian-project)
>
> 1/ What is your personal opinion about Ubuntu ?

I wrote in my plateform that "I decided to join Debian because it is a
successfull fully volunteer project, and the political significance of
that appealed to me, more than the purely technical aspect.". Another
less political, more immediate point of being a fully volunteer project
is that I can ran for leadership.

As I understand, this aspect is completly lost in Ubuntu. Most major
design decisions in Ubuntu are made by developers working for Canonical,
not volunteers.

I have never used Ubuntu, so I have no technical opinion.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.