Re: Amendment to GR on GFDL, and the changes to the Social Contract

On 10 Feb 2006, Anthony Towns outgrape:

> That view, namely "other people may propose ballots that aren't good
> enough, and it's my job to stop that", is precisely a supervisory
> one.

        The secretary is responsible for running the vote, and also
 has the final decision for the form of the ballot. It would be remiss
 of me to let a ballot go by which i consider incorrect.

> Personally, I'd rather the secretarial role be as automatic as
> possible, even to the point where votes would be run without any
> human intervention.  I've thought about that before, but I don't
> have the inclination to write any code for it.

        You know how to change the constitution. Currently, the
 secretaries role is far from being a rubber stamp.

        manoj
--
To program is to be.