Re: Question for candidate Towns [Was, Re: DPL election IRC Debate - Call for questions]

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 06:09:00AM -0800, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Well, here's a simple train of thought:
>
>  (1) Hrm, ftpmaster aren't doing things as quickly as normal.
>  (2) Gosh, that probably means they're really busy.
>  (3) I wonder what I could do that would help.

Ah, well, in how can we help the ftp-masters ? As a maintainer, the only way
to help on this would be to send some kind of explanation of why a previously
existing package changed and thus got need of NEW handling. There is no
evidence that this message get read, is indeed a help to ftp-master, or just
plain lost time on the maintainer's side.

Right now the only way to help is to get hold of a ftp-master on irc and bug
him about your own individial package in NEW, or get someone else with more
prestige or whatever to do the bugging for you.

Friendly,

Sven Luther