Re: ftpmasters' job and the DPL

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> I think most people in Debian are community minded enough to
> find it difficult to work if they don't feel that the project -- as
> represented by the DPL, by delegates, by fellow developers, by users,
> whatever -- supports their activities. I think the problems posed by
> flamewars and off-topic discussions on mailing list are both
> underestimated and relatively easily fixed;

You are right, for sure.  I also don't feel well when I read about the
ways the ftpmasters, buildd admins, and other groups are often
criticized, and I think it would be better to make them feel supported.

However, this is kind of difficult.  When I saw the NEW queue growing
and growing in January, with my package in it, I thought to myself:
"Well, this probably shows those people are working on testing-security,
or some other RC sarge issue".  I even expressed this opinion to others
who asked about the package, and once in one of those threads on -devel;
but how should I have shown the ftpmasters that I support their work,
and am confident in their making good decisions?  Not flaming might be
good, but it doesn't tell the not-flamed-at people anything,
unfortunately.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster