Re: Question for candidate Towns [Was, Re: DPL election IRC Debate - Call for questions]

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Yep, but there is a difference between the information being
> available, and it being actively feeded to the NSA or whoever. And
> it is especially bothering if this cause undue delay in our normal
> activities, like aj is saying it is.

Tough.  It's *public*.  Anyone could actively feed it to anyone they
like.  What part of public don't you understand?  You want it public,
but for nobody to feed it to people you dislike?  Good grief.

> Furthermore, sure there are no anonymous debian developer, but still the real
> identity is known only to debian, so theoretically we could hide it from the
> outside if we wanted.

Our policy is the opposite, or hadn't you noticed?