Re: Question for candidate Towns [Was, Re: DPL election IRC Debate - Call for questions]

* Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr) [050305 09:00]:
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 01:59:16PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> > > I have some real trouble with the fact that all the work i do for debian is
> > > reported to the US secret services or whatever by the ftp-masters and our
> > > archive handling services, and i certainly did *NOT* agree to this being the
> > > case.

> > What are you talking about?  Debian prohibits anonymous developers,
> > always has; for the longest time this was the only real restriction on
> > joining Debian: you had to find a few other Debian developers to
> > verify you had a real ID.

> Yep, but there is a difference between the information being available, and it
> being actively feeded to the NSA or whoever.

The information is feed to the BXA, not to the NSA. But even worse for
you, much more detailed information is feeded to me every day - and I
really read them even.

Cheers,
Andi
--