Re: Exclusion, was: Clarification about krooger's platform

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Nope, it doesn't work that way. The translators come to the d-i and
> translation team and ask what they can do to help get it translated.

I think this is tied up with the change of installer. It makes
it a bit tricky to figure out who could have done anything. It
just fell through the cracks. I believe DPL candidates should
consider what falls through the cracks all over the project
and whether any are worrying enough to address. Shouldn't they?

So far, two candidates have contacted me off-list about this.
I hope they'll post here when they've considered it.

> So, it is not that people think esperanto is not significant enough, but
> rather than nobody interested in esperanto cared enough early enough in the
> process to get it supported.

I don't think some of us could tell what was "early enough" - even
the ones who can use English as well. Is there anything we can do
to avoid this sort of thing? Should language-specific communities
be recommended to send delegates to other parts of the project?
Routinely or should we just try to detect particular problems?
Something like society-sector-is-MIA tests?

> I guess it is too late for rc3 or maybe even the
> sarge release now, but if you contribute or organize something it may still
> happen, at least for a point release.

IIRC, we're told it's too late for sarge and will have to wait
for the release after that! Maybe someone will point out that
I'm wrong again, but if so, can the d-i translator page to be
made clearer about this for simpletons like me?

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.