Re: Clarification about krooger's platform

Erinn Clark <erinn@double-helix.org> wrote:
> None of the individuals listed in the gender imbalance section were
> consulted about this plan; we also think these issues are deeper than can be
> fixed with a three month analysis. Furthermore, we do not believe this to
> be a good-faith effort to address the relevant issues, given past behavior
> of the candidate.

I think you're overgeneralising and misreading:

- Can you please explain the contact you have had with Gloria Steinem
and Germaine Greer to confirm that they haven't been consulted?

- Is anything to be fixed with the three-month analysis, or
is it just to get some "first steps" recommendations? The DPL
term is only twelve months, so I guess the arbitrary length is
to give some time for krooger to work on it, if I'm being
trusting.

Actually, I do share your reservations about good/bad faith on
this, but you do no good by spinning krooger either.

I'm a lot more worried that the topic is an platform issue in
this way. Why should the sex imbalance be seen as any more
urgent than race, culture or any of the other tons of ways
debian is demographically different? Is it a "put up or shut up"
directed at that list of people?

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.