Re: Clarification about krooger's platform

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 04:31:08AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
Is anything to be fixed with the three-month analysis, or is it just to
get some "first steps" recommendations? The DPL term is only twelve
months, so I guess the arbitrary length is to give some time for
krooger to work on it, if I'm being trusting.

Nothing is perfect on the first attempt.  By publishing something
quickly, we provide a basis for further research and study.  After a two
month period of public comment, the stakeholder committee would have
another month to update their official document.

Why should the sex imbalance be seen as any more urgent than race,
culture or any of the other tons of ways debian is demographically
different?

Debian already has a debian-women mailing list for discussing such
issues.  This indicates there is are real and widespread concerns among
Debian members which have not been addressed yet.

Hopefully with more focused attention, a definite timeline, and official
standing, the concerns can be articulated in a way that makes it easier
to discuss and implement solutions.

It is important that Debian not exclude anyone who has a valuable
contribution to make.

Jonathan

--
It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

Eukleia: Jonathan Walther
Address: 12706 99 Ave, Surrey, BC V3V2P8 (Canada)
Contact: 604-684-1319 (daytime)
Contact: 604-582-9308 (morning and evening)
Puritan: Purity of faith, Purity of doctrine
Puritan: Sola Scriptura, Tota Scriptura

Patriarchy, Polygamy, Slavery === Fatherhood, Husbandry, Mastery
Matriarchy, Monogamy, Prisons === Wickedness, Stupidity, Buggery