Re: DPL election IRC Debate - Call for questions

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 09:29:41AM +0000, Helen Faulkner wrote:
> >>You are welcome to either post suggested questions to this list, or to
> >>email myself and/or Martin privately with your suggestions. [...]
> > Ok, i have one question.
> Can we keep the debate questions off this list? Otherwise the choice is
> between leaving them unanswered for a couple of weeks until the debate,
> or having them already answered on the list, and thus redundant for the
> debate. Having different Subjects for different topics would be nice too...

Probably not, unless we make debian-vote a moderated list.

I hope that the debate questioners can start from ones posed here
(which may be answered by some or all before IRC) and explore
in those directions a little. DPL candidates may want to keep
a copy of the list archive handy and paste URLs into IRC after
a short summary answer. In short, I suggest answering them if
you can, but try to avoid getting into long debates (or even
*gasp* flamewars).

Thinking about it, I think most of the debate shows and election
hustings I've seen have had a mix of prepared and unprepared
questions. The only one which immediately jumps to mind as entirely
unprepared was Student Union Hustings and that's not really
something I'd like to see debian emulate.

Of course, until Helen and/or Martin explain the debate more,
I'm just throwing ideas into the melting pot.

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.