Call for brevity and on-topicness of discussion

Hi people,

With the record number of six people running for DPL this year[1], and
having now five platforms available (at the same location), this year's
DPL campaiging promises to become an interesting discussion.

In order to try to keep the size of the discussion still consumeable by
as much people as possible, I would like to call for all participants to
pay attention to common mailing list etiquette:

- Please try to be brief and to the point
- Do not make off-topic remarks or just reply because you've come up with
  something witty; debian-curiosa[2] is if nothing else best suited for
  that.
- Try to keep up with -vote so that you don't ask duplicate
  questions/give duplicate answers
- Trim down the text you're replying to, such that only exactly the
  needed context is there. Do not quote signatures.
- Change the subject when turning the (sub-)thread into a different
  direction
- Do not top-post
- Be polite. Do not attack with argumentum ad hominem. Of course, personal
  properties of the candidates are on-topic for a DPL election, but
  please only discuss those that are relevant for a prospective DPL

I hope that if everybody pays a little bit attention to these
guidelines, the campaigning discussion will be constructive, nice and
interesting, and especially makes sure that the debian developers can
gather the information here that they would like to have to make a
well-thought choice for the DPL elections.

Thank you very much,
--Jeroen

N.B.: In the interest of full disclosure, I'm affiliated with Andreas Schuldei
and Branden Robinson, read their platforms for more information, I will
also seperately send out a mail about that soonishly

Note, this mail is written with last year's discussion in mind, and is
not a reaction to anything that happened this year on -vote

[1] http://www.debian.org/vote/2005/vote_001
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-curiosa/

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar