Re: I cannot vote.

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

> Despite my attempt to vote on the pending GR, I receive the following
> friendly error message:
>
>   A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
>   recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
>
>     gr_declassification@vote.debian.org
>       SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
>       host master.debian.org [146.82.138.7]: 550 Administrative prohibition

Poking through the exim4 source, there are two ways this can happen.

First is if a sender verification fails and no user error message has
been supplied.  Second is if the local scan function is enabled, and
returns no suitable error message on a failure.

I'm looking through the exim4.conf on master, but it's quite dense and
difficult to follow if you haven't poked through it before.  The
crucial .forward file for the gr_declassification address is not
readable on master.debian.org, which impedes my ability to diagnose
this on my own.

Thomas