Re: General Resolution: Declassification of debian-private list archives

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 23:03:03 +0100, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> said:

> * Wouter Verhelst:

>> First of all, I do think we can, per 4.1.3 (as others have already
>> pointed out). However, I don't think that is relevant; "Debian will
>> seek to do foo" doesn't mean "Debian will do foo", and "This process
>> will be undertaken under the following constraints" means "if done,
>> this is how it'll be done". In other words, I don't think it's a
>> violation of the text if we eventually end up not doing it.

> Ah, I didn't read it this way, but it makes sense.  This means that
> the whole thing is basically completely unnecessary because the DPL
> could already form a declassification team if he wants.

But they would not be allowed to declassify the posts without this GR,
right?  The purpose of this GR as I read it is to recommend that the DPL
will create the team, and to give them permission to declassify posts,
and it also outlines the declassification is to take place.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA