Re: General Resolution: Declassification of debian-private list archives

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 23:03:03 +0100, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> said:

> * Wouter Verhelst:

>> First of all, I do think we can, per 4.1.3 (as others have already
>> pointed out). However, I don't think that is relevant; "Debian will
>> seek to do foo" doesn't mean "Debian will do foo", and "This process
>> will be undertaken under the following constraints" means "if done,
>> this is how it'll be done". In other words, I don't think it's a
>> violation of the text if we eventually end up not doing it.

> Ah, I didn't read it this way, but it makes sense.  This means that
> the whole thing is basically completely unnecessary because the DPL
> could already form a declassification team if he wants.

But they would not be allowed to declassify the posts without this GR,
right?  The purpose of this GR as I read it is to recommend that the DPL
will create the team, and to give them permission to declassify posts,
and it also outlines the declassification is to take place.

Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA