Re: General Resolution: Declassification of debian-private list archives

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 04:04:31PM -0600, Debian Project Secretary wrote:
> Text:   The actual text of the GR is:
>
>     In accordance with principles of openness and transparency, Debian
>     will seek to declassify and publish posts of historical or ongoing
>     significance made to the Debian Private Mailing List.
>
>     This process will be undertaken under the following constraints:
>
> [...]
>     * The team will automatically declassify and publish posts made to
>       that list that are three or more years old, with the following
>       exceptions:
> [...]

I see a glaring contradiction here: on the one hand, the opening
paragraph talks about publishing selected posts: those with historical
or ongoing significance, but the rest of the GR talks about
declassifying *all* emails with stated exceptions.  I'm sure these are
not the same: why does the GR not say:

    * The team will automatically declassify and publish posts made to
      that list ** which have historical or ongoing significance **
      that are three or more years old, with the following exceptions:

I am also wondering what would be done with emails that discuss
specific developers (flame wars, disciplinary matters, legal matters,
whatever) - they may have historical significance, but would they be
excluded under the "personal information" clause?

   Julian