Re: General Resolution: Declassification of debian-private list archives

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Debian Project Secretary:
>
> >     In accordance with principles of openness and transparency, Debian
> >     will seek to declassify and publish posts of historical or ongoing
> >     significance made to the Debian Private Mailing List.
> >
> >     This process will be undertaken under the following constraints:
> >
> >     * The Debian Project Leader will delegate one or more volunteers
> >       to form the debian-private declassification team.
>
> If I read the constitution correctly, you cannot decide such a thing
> by GR.

This resolution appears to fall under §4.1.5; an argument could also
make for it falling under §4.1.3, but that's less clear cut.

For those following along at home:

    §4.1.5: [Togther the developers may] Issue, supersede and withdraw
    nontechnical policy documents and statements.

I submit that the proposal is a nontechnical policy document.

[Obviously, the Secretary is the one who makes this determination
under §7.1.3, so presumably Manoj has already thought about which part
of the constitution this proposal falls under.]

Don Armstrong

--
The solution to a problem changes the problem.
 -- Peer's Law