Re: Denied vote and the definition of a DD

Scripsit Frank Küster <frank@debian.org>
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org (va, manoj)> wrote:

>>         b) show me, in person, two picture ID's issued by a governemt
>>            that demonstrate who you are, and match the signed the
>>            signed picture in a)

> What if some german guy only has their "Personalausweis", but no
> passport

Then you cannot go to ... um, somewhere in North America I think, and
show your non-existant passport Manoj in person anyway.

> (no plans to leave the European Union, the passport is quite
> expensive)

FWIW, when you go to another Schengen country you still have to
_bring_ your passport; you just don't have to show it at the border.
At least that's what they tell us in Denmark.

> Or if a US citizen only has a social security card (and no drivers
> license, and lives in a state that does not issue these famous
> "non-drivers licences")?

Of if you are hospitalized or have a 24/7-on-call job that prevents
you from going to show stuff to Manoj in person? Tough luck. The
_canonical_ way to vote is to have a key in the keyring, anyway.

--
Henning Makholm               "The Board views the endemic use of PowerPoint
                           briefing slides instead of technical papers as an