Re: Denied vote and the definition of a DD

>         a) Present me with a picture ID signed by the DAM, or the DPL,
>            or the whole NM team, stating that the person named, and
>            whose picture is being signed, is indeed a DD.
>         b) show me, in person, two picture ID's issued by a governemt
>            that demonstrate who you are, and match the signed the
>            signed picture in a)
>         c) tell me, personally, what your vote is during the voting
>            period. Be prepared to do the same with an auditor is the
>            vote is ever audited.

i request that a) be dated and only valid for a predetermined period of time.
then we can determine if the signator held the required position(s) when the
picture id is certified and will encourage regular verfication of this
potentially vulnerable addition to the circle of trust.

i would further like clarification if the picture in a) can be signed by any
member of the NM team or indeed must be signed by all members of the NM team.

will c) be restricted to official audits of the vote or can any interested
party running an independant count request the credentials according to the
process outlined above?

in the future, will we see ftpmasters employing this process as proof of DD
status when uploading packages?  if so, i would like to see the credentials
in a) printed directly on the media to prevent contamination to the archives.

thanks for providing an alternate method to submit our ballots
--francois