Re: Why vote for DPL only?

Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@debian.org> writes:

> So, what I actually would like to ask the DPL candidates is how they
> view a possible proposal of actually using democratic methods for all
> key positions within Debian. Just as a DPL has to convince everyone
> of his/her worth, why shouldn't the same apply to other (possibly
> more important) positions? Debian is not the 50 people team it used
> to be.

I think your impetus may be on the right track, but in fact, I think
what we should do instead is encourage and support the DPL in
themselves taking the initiative to ask people in "key positions"
(whatever those are) how they are doing, help to find them support,
and if necessary, appoint additional people to their teams.

Thomas