Re: Q for Andreas Schuldei: "Small teams"??

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 11:12:50AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> > Let's be real: Why would anyone, just because he is happy in his
> > team, start fighting with people on other teams out of the blue?

To make my question more precise:

"Why would anyone, just because he is happy in his team, start
fighting with people on other teams out of the blue if he didnt
do so before?"

> Uh, so the flamewars and hostile email we see from time to time
> would all stop as we up give individual existence and start existing
> as one of a team?

ok, test your theory and point out individuals engaging in
flamewars who are part of debian-edu, debian-installer or the
release team, preferably on a regular basis.

I know it is really hard to drop the habit of making points in
discussions by not polarizing the debate. but that is just not
valid in social contexts, since the spectrum of motivations in
people and groups is so much greater then in computers.

To answer your question: If we implent small groups and manage to
grow regarding loving relationships, there still will be flames
but less. I can garantee that we will remain individuals, even
as team members.