Re: Question for candidate Towns [Was, Re: DPL election IRC Debate - Call for questions]

Sven Luther wrote:
It's hard to take this sort of discussion as anything but an attack on ftpmaster, since there are plenty of teams in Debian that're even less transparent and effective than us. But given how these sorts of
But they are less a hindrance to the daily work of maintainers, and can thus
more easily be avoided/worked around/whatever.

If you think ftpmaster is a hindrance to your daily work, it's trivial to avoid it -- upload to your own site instead, or to people.debian.org.

Given I personally worked around the lack of ftpmaster support for pools for a good six to twelve months while developing testing, I think I've got a reasonable basis for thinking this isn't such a big deal.

Cheers,
aj