Re: My platform

> > Moreover, I may be wrong, but since you took so many time (wrt
> > othere candidates) to write your platform, I was hoping to read a
> > wonderful thing, full of ideas, directions, ... And what I read in
> > 2 minutes, 10 minutes ago, made me feel deceived
>
> I'm not sure what to say to this; I'm sorry you expected some greater
> entertainment from a DPL platform..

The point is, I don't expect entertainment, I expected some :
 * things you think are good in debian and that you want to (try to)
   preserve
 * things you think need improvements
 * things you think are broken
 * what are your priorities
 * what you are ready to fight for
 * what you care less, understand less or are not able to manage
   efficiently and that you will then delegate
 * ...
well, what we could name a plan. not assertions about yourself beeing
*the* man.

  And the only bit I see of that kind in your platform frightens me
quite a lot, since it seems not beeing in adequation with (quite)
recent votes of the community.

> You're exactly right.  I aim to do what you, the constitution and
> existing practice demand of the DPL - that is, to represent the views
> of the project.  What I'm trying to get across in my platform is that
> this *does not* reconcile with having my own agenda and a list of
> changes I wish to implement in Debian.

  Well, I simply disagree. I'll try to explain myself...

  People are not machines, and it's really hard to defend, and work for
a cause we don't believe in. And even if it's possible for some super
heros to do so, they won't be as efficient, as charismatic, as ... than
people that already believe in what they do.

  So knowing what you think, what you want, what you may try to do, what
you have faith in ... is *really* the point here. A DPL election is not
about choosing a name for the puppet that the community will toss
around in public events ... It's about choosing someone that represent
the community, but will also give directions. I think you know the L
stands for « Leader ».

  IMHO, a DPL is not only the man, it's about the man, and his ideas,
his thoughts, his plans. and as I already said, the only bit you show
in you platform, is not in adequation with what is commonly wanted by
the community (if we have faith in the votes I already mentioned).

  See the scud team e.g., they have understood that part : for the «man»
part, they think it's good to have a team, and present a handfull of
DD, that quite a lot of us know. And they also have *personnal* plans.
Even if they are a team, (see their recent mails about that) they also
not forget that they are human beeings, with their own personality,
their own convictions.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O