Re: My platform

Le Mar 8 Mars 2005 04:19, Angus Lees a écrit :
> Now available at http://people.debian.org/~gus/dpl-platform.html

First, just note that IANADD (even if I'm not that far from it [1]).

Anyway, I have a couple of questions for you :

I quote you here :

  » I try not to spend too much time on email or IRC, hence my low
  » profile amongst Debian internationally.

  and

  » The DPL's primary function as I see it is to act as a figurehead—a
  » single point of contact to present Debian to the outside world.
  » Consequently, I see the most important qualities of a good project
  » leader to be availability, written and spoken language skills,
  » personality and experience being a Debian Developer.

And I'm asking me how those two parts are conciliable. Even if in some
threads, there is a really poor signal:noise ratio, there is some
things going on in them ... Moreover, talking from debians problems
around a Beer (quite quoting you here) won't be possible. I live in
Paris, and I don't suppose you'll make the trip, do you ?

  Moreover, I may be wrong, but since you took so many time (wrt othere
candidates) to write your platform, I was hoping to read a wonderful
thing, full of ideas, directions, ... And what I read in 2 minutes, 10
minutes ago, made me feel deceived : the only thing concrete you
propose is to suggest to stop beeing so extreme wrt freeness. And
that's not really true, since (quoting you) it « should not be directly
relevant to the DPL election ».
  Like we say in France, my arms fall ... (understand I'm more that
sceptic). You affirm that « I am running for DPL because I believe I
can do a great job » but you don't describe what you want to do, or to
try to at least (except drinking beers, that is honorable). And you
talk about beeing less free in debian, as a side thing, a thing
completely orthogonal ... but IIRC, there was two votes :
  the first was to make debian really more free [2], that was the winner
  the seconde wart wrt Sarge release, and voters didn't choose to revert
the policy, only to postpone changes for after sarge [3]. It seems
clear to me, that any revert option didn't had the majority. but does
the DPL should represent Debian and not run his primary interest ?

So how to you will conciliate all the above with beeing DPL ??

Cheers,

 [1] http://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=pierre.habouzit%40m4x.org
 [2] http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/vote_003
 [3] http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/vote_004