Re: General Resolution: Force AMD64 into Sasrge

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:

> I would like my objections to be registered on the ballot somehow, but I
> don't really have time to put together an amendment. Can anybody help
> here?

Something like

Proposal X: Include the AMD64 architechture into Sid

             The actual text of the GR is:

             The Debian Project,

             based on its Social Contract stating that its priorities
             are its users and free software,

             and acknowledging that its users want to take advantage
             of all this architecture's features,

             hereby resolves:

              1. that the `amd64' architecture, based on the work
                 currently hosted at
                 http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/
                 will be included in the "Sid" distribution and
                 auto-building infrastructure ;
              2. that the Release Manager will decide when AMD64 will
                 be included in Debian Testing to be released with the
                 following Debian GNU/Linux release

              Rationale

              Voting to override the release engineering will affect
              the release of Debian Sarge. Our priorities should be to
              get Sarge released and the Release Managers is the best
              suited to make the decission whether AMD64 is ready.

              This proposal will help integrating the AMD64 port into
              debian proper without forcing technical decissions onto
              the Release Managers.

--
 Peter Makholm     |                                              What if:
 peter@makholm.net |     IBM bought Xenix from Microsoft instead of buying