[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: -= PROPOSAL =- Release sarge with amd64

James Troup <james@nocrew.org> writes:

> Hi,
> If anyone thinks this GR will actually achieve anything positive,
> they're mistaken.
> If anyone thinks that trying to decide technical issues through voting
> is a good idea, I pity them.

So what technical issues are there? And please reply with your
ftp-master hat on. All we hear is "there are issues and ftp-master
will post something soon" but you never say what.

Is the mirror space the deciding factor? Should we try to get another
less used arch be removed in favour of amd64? Or start a collection
for hardware or bandwith for the space starved mirrors? Or just wait
another month for a mirror restructuring?

Do you think the minor IA32 ABI incompability is critical?

The port name has been decided to stay amd64 so that is no longer an
issue. Same goes for the 90% and 95% complete barrier and D-I support.

A single mail from you or some other ftp-master with its ftp-master
hat on to the bugreport or the amd64 mailinglist could surely have
avoided this thread. Think about that.


Reply to: