Hi,

If anyone thinks this GR will actually achieve anything positive,
they're mistaken.

If anyone thinks that trying to decide technical issues through voting
is a good idea, I pity them.

If anyone thinks that they can insult people as much as they like[0]
and that the people they insult still have some obligation to respond
to them, they're entirely mistaken.[1]

If anyone thinks "$foo doesn't communicate with $bar" == "$foo doesn't
communicate", they're being at best disingenuous.

If anyone thinks that abusing debian-devel-announce or GRs is the best
(or indeed "only") way to force through their pet issue, they're very
much mistaken.

If anyone thinks Debian in general is good at communication, they're
deluded.  I've filed bugs that haven't see any communication in over 4
years.

I will not be blackmailed into doing things for people who have public
tantrums to try and force stuff through.  In fact, it'll very much
encourage me to not work on whatever it is they're whining about.
(And others have warned that this is the case[2].)

If you want to help with getting amd64 into the archive then, please,
reign in its more vocal proponents - they're only succeeding in
delaying its addition to the archive.

--
James - as always speaking only for myself

[0] e.g. "every minute spent thinking of this fuckwit makes me lose
          one month of life" [Josselin Mouette, the GR Proposer on IRC,
          referring to Ryan Murray.]
    or "The buildd admins must be incompetent or on crack."
       [Chris Cheney, the debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org
        abuser, in http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20040120.041904.3885b3c4.html]

[1] Don't get me wrong - I couldn't care less if/how random people
    insult me and the fact that several of the folks who keep
    demanding its inclusion into the archive have been personally
    abusive to me doesn't in anyway affect amd64's inclusion into the
    archive.  It does however mean that I tend to ignore mail from
    them and threads started by them.

[2] http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20040628.100711.6512a302.html