On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 17:09 -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 03:46:06PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 09:40:29PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > > Since in the last thread initiated by me I asked for a similar action
> > > (read: an answer) and nothing happened, I think this is a clear answer
> > > from FTP masters, saying: WE ARE TO LAZY TO WORK AND TO LEET TO
> > > COMMUNICATE WITH SECOND-CLASS DDs. WE WANNA BE REMOVED FROM OUR
> > > POSITIONS. That is the only remainding interpretation of their silent
> > > response.
> >
> > And a wonderful job you've done of showing us all how wrong it is for the
> > ftp-masters to think there would ever be more important things to do with
> > their time than reply to a given email.
>
> Its a chicken and egg problem, lack of communication creates dissent.
> Dissent leads to open hosility which you see here. There have been
> problems wrt James lack of communication for many years, certainly long
> before I was involved with the amd64 port, all you have to do is look
> through old archives regarding ftpmaster, DAM, keyring maintainence,
> etc.

I really don't see this problem.  I have absolutely no problem
communicating with James, in fact I'm doing so right now.  Nothing to do
with this issue, just two developers communicating with each other.

I strongly suspect there are many others in Debian who also have no
problems communicating with James.

I expect it's because we say things like "James, have you got a minute?"
and "thanks for your help" instead of "[YOU] ARE [TOO] LAZY TO WORK AND
[TOO] LEET TO COMMUNICATE WITH SECOND-CLASS DDs. [I WANT YOU TO] BE
REMOVED FROM [YOUR] POSITIONS"

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?