Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

Manoj Srivastava writes ("Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of  releasing sarge"):
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:50:58 +1000, Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> said:
> > I think that you can reasonably expect this to happen again next
> > time the developers feel they are misled.
>
> 	They are liars. Misled how? [...]

Many developers, me included, were surprised by the implications on
the sarge release of the changes to the SC.  Furthermore, I was
surprised to learn that these `editorial changes' were intended to
`clarify' a matter which was disputed.

It seems to me that if there were any proponents of the SC changes who
knew about those effects, or that there was controversy, then those
proponents helped mislead the developers.  The proponents of the
resolution specifically put their name to a title and rationale which
it now turns out were inaccurate - they gave the impression of a
tidying-up excercise.  We should give them the benefit of the doubt
and say that they were mistaken.

Ian.