Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

* Andrew Pollock (apollock@debian.org) [040625 23:25]:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 01:30:03PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:

> > Anthony himself told that very plain on -vote, but in a mail in the
> > non-free-removal thread that was killfiled at that time by most people
> > reading -vote.

> Oh come on, don't tell me I have to follow -vote as well now? That
> effectively means that everytime a vote is called (heck, probably the leadup
> to it as well, so all the time) I need to be following the bogload of
> messages on yet another list, and it's not even directly related to the
> production of the distribution...

Well, I try to not distribute blame, but to point out facts. The facts
are:
- Anthony told that on -vote
- almost nobody (even the -vote-readers like me) read that mail
- the people who read that didn't care enough about release of sarge

Otherwise there would've definitly been a thread on -devel about this
topic.

So, what do we all learn from this for the future? _That's_ the major
question for me. Of course, telling everyone to read -vote is not the
answer IMHO. But just to say "Anthony, it's your fault" might be easy,
but is also not the right answer. I just wanted to point out the
second.

Cheers,
Andi
--