Re: DFSG#10

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 10:25:05AM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> you seem to have trouble reading, so you make up stuff that was never said.
>
>    "it says nothing about the non-software in debian."
>
> to help you understand that statement, here's what the dictionary has to
> say about "nothing".
>
> $ dict nothing
> 5 definitions found
[...]

Okay.  So if the Social Contract *did* say:

    Debian Will Remain 100% Free Software And Some Other Things That
    Aren't Software But Which Are Also Free But Meet A Different
    Definition Of Free Than That Which Applies to Software, Plus Some
    Other Stuff That Isn't Free By Any Stretch Of The Imagination But
    Which We Thought Would Be Nice To Have.

would it be incompatible with your understanding of the original Social
Contract?

In other words, is it either of you guys' assertion that, in practice,
the above is how Debian actually conducted itself?

If so, wouldn't the above language be preferable to both the original
and current Social Contracts?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Kissing girls is a goodness.  It is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    a growing closer.  It beats the