Re: Analysis of the ballot options

    RM> On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 08:47:56PM +0200, Milan Zamazal wrote:
    >> My analysis is that this GR is simply insane.

    RM> You think it's out of touch with reality?

Yes, I feel it as a sort of artificial or exaggerated problem.

    RM> The previous GR eliminated ambiguity from the social contract.

    RM> Do you disagree?

No.

    RM> Our previous release policy was valid under an interpretation of
    RM> the old social contract which is not present in the new social
    RM> contract.

    RM> Do you disagree?

I don't think the clarification changed anything in the spirit of the
Social Contract.  E.g. while the old SC spoke about "software" and not
"works", a lot of non-free documents was still placed in non-free and
not main.  I think the sarge related SC/DFSG problems would demand the
same attention under the old SC, despite solution of some of them could
be abused by focusing on the exact wording of the SC.  Taking the
wording literally and "solving" the problems by postponing or reverting
the SC changes looks like an ugly hack to me.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
It's amazing how much better you feel once you've given up hope.
                                                (unknown source)