Re: Proposal G

* Manoj Srivastava:

>> For our users, we promise to do regular releases; as a guideline, a
>> major release of the distribution should happen about once a year.
>
> 	On what basis do you think we can make this promise?

On the same basis that we promise not to hide bugs?  Or not to rely on
non-free software?

> 	That policy violates the SC. You essentially told a delegate
>  to go violate the social contract, and I don't think we can do that.

Ahem, this proposal tries to assure a delegate that his scruples are
unwarranted and that he should go on as previously planned.  After
reading Anthony's comment <[🔎] 20040601093412.GA6433@azure.humbug.org.au>,
I think this is a non-issue anyway.

> 	As it stands, I do not think that this proposal meets the
>  requirements for helping determine the changes in release schedule
>  of sarge in voew of GR 2004_003; therefore I think it may need to go
>  on a separate ballot (since it is there fore a separate issue). I
>  need to think about it more before making an official ruling on
>  this, and I am open to being persuaded either way.

As a whole, I think it's in line.  IMHO, it's not more off target than
proposal E, for example.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: bigpond.com, di-ve.com, fuorissimo.com, hotmail.com,