Re: DFSG#10

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 12:56:06PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 05:19:40PM +0200, Tore Anderson wrote:
> >   For Debian to be "100% Free Software", it first must be "100% Software",
> >  right?
>
> wrong.
>
> it means that the SOFTWARE in debian is ALL (i.e. 100%) free software as
> defined by the DFSG.  it says nothing about the non-software in debian.

Right...

  The Social Contract does not say: Debian Will Remain 100% Free
  Software and Some Other Things That Aren't Software But Which Are Also
  Free But Meet a Different Definition Of Free Than That Which Applies
  to Software, Plus Some Other Stuff That Isn't Free By Any Stretch Of
  The Imagination But Which We Thought Would Be Nice To Have.[1]

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2001/12/msg00027.html

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     You are not angry with people when
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     you laugh at them.  Humor teaches