Re: Discussion - On proposal E (Transition Guide)

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 03:15:10PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> For example, I don't think it is reasonable even for those who support
> proposal E that the new SC isn't enforced after Sarge, and that not
> only Sarge but also Sarge+1 releases with non-free firmware and docs
> of questionable DFSG-compliance. However, proposal E would delegate
> that decision to the RM.

What are you talking about?

Any proposal which wins a GR with a 3:1 majority over the default option
may replace some part of the social contract.  So presumably there's
some other grounds you have for saying this.

Furthermore, there is some support in the social contract for a mechanism
such as proposal E.  The social contract is somewhat ambiguous on this
point, and there are people who interpret it differently (which seems,
to me, to justify leaving this as a GR), but...

I don't really know what your point is.

--
Raul