Re: Proposal - Deferment of Changes from GR 2004-003

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 02:30:28PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> That would only apply if Andrew's proposal overrided the SC, which AFAICS
> it doesn't.

That's an interesting point.

The Social contract says that we have two priorities: our users and free
software.  Andrew's proposal says that we won't compromise on freedom.

Either

[a] "freedom" has nothing to do with free software, or

[b] "freedom" refers to free software and this proposal is intended to
mean that our users are less of a priority than software freedom, or

[c] "freedom" refers to free software, but the proposal doesn't actually
mean that anything has changed with respect to that priority.

[d] something else (?)

I'm not sure which is the case.

--
Raul