Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 03:57:19PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > > I believe Anthony Towns has said that he now believes his earlier release
> > > policy to be in error.
> > No. It was an error to try to set the release policy myself, rather than
> > tangling it up in the bureaucracy of getting a tech ctte ruling or GR
> > in the first place. Not a mistake I'm going to make again.
> Told you so (way back when you first introduced the policy of
> deliberately including non-free stuff in sarge).

Stating the policy _that_ time, however, wasn't a problem at all.

It's interesting, though, that not only did no one else propose a GR to
support that policy at the time, but you didn't propose a GR to set the
policy you believed was correct either -- even though you opposed the
decision, apparently thought that it was against the social contract,
and you're now claiming that you thought the GR process was the right
way to make that decision at the time anyway.

Why, you'd almost think that there was an ulterior motive here somewhere.

Also, the only thing I did was make the policy explicit; it hasn't
changed until now in the entire time I've been in the project.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.