Re: Proposal - Statement that Sarge will follow Woody requirement for main.

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 03:15:54PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Whether or not it changed the SC is a matter for debate; but it is
> undisputed that the policies of the project did change drastically due
> to that GR.

Agreed.

> What would you suggest that paragraph should say in order to
> acknowledge that the GR caused something to change; and we need tgime
> to meet the changed release policy in view of the changes in the sc,
> which some hold to be merely editorial?

 In the specific case of General Resolution 2004_003, since that release
 currently in preparation, code named "Sarge", is very close to release,
 and the previously released version is quite out of date, our commitment
 to our users dictates that the "Sarge" release should go on as planned -
 even while we are in the process of reaching compliance with the [-new-]
 Social Contract. This exemption for "Sarge" applies to security releases
 and point releases as well.

This should be non-controversial; I hope.

--
gram