Re: Proposal - Statement that Sarge will follow Woody requirement for main.

Bill Allombert <allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr> writes:

> Unfortunately, none of the proposals so far address this issue directly,
> but instead propose to modify again the SC, which is not something I
> feel comfortable with.

Manoj's proposal does not propose to do this, but instead enacts
comprehensive guidelines to control all such changes now and in the
future.  For this reason, I support his as the cleanest and most
well-considered and far-reaching option.  This is the one that I
therefore intend to rank first.

Like your proposal, it issues a new statement, but unlike yours, works
for the future cleanly and prevents the need to revisit the issue
every time.

Thomas