Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> writes:

> > All three adjectives: excellent, free, and operating, are
> > non-negotiable.  We will not sell out the second because you want us
> > to think it's a disaster if one or two fonts don't meet it.
>
> Excellent, free, operating --- but we may never get around to
> releasing it?  That was precisely my point.

But it *is* released.  Your claim was that all the fonts would have to
disappear.  Actually, no, you haven't substantiated that.  Your
ability to spread FUD as an excuse for giving up ideals of free
software is well known, but it isn't going to snow me.  If you have a
*particular* thing that would actually *prevent* release, well then,
don't keep us in suspense!

But so far, you've made a sweeping and wildly incorrect claim about
fonts, and nothing else.

Thomas