Re: Proposal - Deferment of Changes from GR 2004-003

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 08:16:48PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:

Hi,

> I initially felt this way and tried making this argument to Anthony on
> IRC, but he wasn't having any of it: as I understand it (not wishing to
> put words into his mouth), he feels that making a new release knowing
> that it violates the social contract is qualitatively different from
> putting up with the old release that met the promises in the old
> contract but not the new one. After some discussion, I have to say I was
> convinced.
>
> Ultimately, it's the release manager who gets most say in this one.

I see...

I was a bit skeptic about reverting the editorial changes just for some
months... I think I'm going to second your proposal which doesn't revert
back the changes for a small timeframe but apoligizes with the users
within the SC...

Thanks,

Guido