On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:31:15 +1000, Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> said:

> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 10:07:12AM +0100, Jochen Voss wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 02:56:09PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
>> > The Social Contract now states:
>> >
>> > ] 1. Debian will remain 100% free ] ...
>> >
>> > As this is no longer limited to "software", and as this decision
>> > was made by developers after and during discussion of how we
>> > should consider non-software content such as documentation and
>> > firmware, I don't believe I can justify the policy decisions to
>> > exempt documentation, firmware, or content any longer, as the
>> > Social Contract has been amended to cover all these areas.
>>
>> By the way, what was the meaning of "editorial" in "Editorial
>> changes to the Social Contract GR"?

> Usually it refers to changes that clarify the meaning without
> changing that meaning. I'd be interested in hearing your definition,
> since you seconded the GR.

> I'm stunned that this GR passed. I was surprised when the secretary
> called for votes because the proposal wasn't anything close to ready
> for voting

	Then you need to read the constitution, you obviously do noty
 know how Debian works. Once a proposal has gathered the requisite
 number of seconds, the secretary has limited wiggle room in calling
 the vote;  A2.1. I had already put off Andrew once, pleasding
 technical issues, after he had called for a vote; I could notr, in
 good conscience, keep on postponing a properly proposed GR.

> The tally sheet makes interesting reading:
> http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/gr_editorial_tally.txt

> Draw your own conclusions.

	I have no idea what you may be insinuating here, but let me
 point out that a better than 4:1 majority agreed with the proposal.

	manoj
--
HR Manager to job candidate "I see you've had no computer
training. Although that qualifies you for upper management, it means