On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:46:43AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Speaking of the GFDL, only those documents released under the GNU FDL
> are non-free that make use of invariant sections for anything else
> than its license, right?
>
> Hence, every document released under the GNU FDL needs to be checked
> for every version, but the FDL doesn't render documentation non-free
> inherently, right?  It doesn't render it free inherently, either, which
> is very bad since a new version could become non-free unexpectedly.

Not according to Manoj's (still horribly formatted) position statement:

"The GNU FDL, as it stands today, does not meet the Debian Free Software
Guidelines. There are significant problems with the license, as detailed
above; and, as such, we cannot accept works licensed unde the GNU FDL
into our distribution."

Michael

--
Michael Banck