Re: Q: guidelines for post-campaign period?

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:50:17 +1100, Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> said:

> In Australia we have a 'blackout' on electronic media advertising
> for the three full days before an election.

	Umm. The link below tells us that there is a blackout, but not
 the rationale for it. And why is the blackout limited to certain
 media?  There are a lot of parochial rules that are not necessarily
 ones we ought to emulate (for example, I can't invite male caucasians
 to a billiards parlor a week before polling starts, out where I live).

> http://www.aec.gov.au/_content/what/faqs/elect_ad.htm (Polling days
> are always Saturdays, and advertising is banned from midnight on the
> previous Wednesday.)

 From that URL:
>>> The blackout does not relate to news broadcasts or to the printed
>>> media.

	manoj
--
A "critic" is a man who creates nothing and thereby feels qualified to
judge the work of creative men. There is logic in this; he is unbiased