Re: Candidate questions/musings

> 	The diversity is not really all that diverse -- and calling
>  this group a "universal representative slice" is about as arrogant as
>  the "world Series" purports to represent the world.

Heh.  I think the idea is that Major League Baseball includes Canada
too.  Perhaps when it started there wasn't any substantial
professional baseball outside North America.  It's a shame we don't
have any contests between the best Japanese and European teams with
North American ones.  (Is baseball played in Australia or New Zealand?
I confess I don't know.)

The prevailing wisdom is supposedly that the best players from other
countries are all playing for Major League Baseball anyway.  I have my
doubts about whether this is really true.

Thomas