Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

On 2004-03-04 15:06:30 +0000 Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:

* MJ Ray (mjr@dsl.pipex.com) [040304 15:40]:
On 2004-03-04 11:46:14 +0000 Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
That's an old argument, and it's not going to be more true just
because it is repeated. Most users _can_ make the difference between
Debian and non-free.
If it's so old, do we have any good numbers on it, or are both views just wind?
In reality, whether or not to remove non-free will never be solved
because one side has the better arguments.

How does this relate to data on whether users can distinguish "in non-free on a Debian mirror" and "part of the Debian operating system distribution"?

So, I'm all for voting ASAP.

Fortunately, there is enough time to challenge more people making similarly unsupported arguments against the proposed GR. Hopefully, they will obviously avoid questions too, like "Users won't consider debian without non-free. \\ Do we know that? \\ I like pigs."

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at