Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> writes:

> On 2004-03-04 15:06:30 +0000 Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
>
>> * MJ Ray (mjr@dsl.pipex.com) [040304 15:40]:
>>> If it's so old, do we have any good numbers on it, or are both
>>> views just wind?
>> In reality, whether or not to remove non-free will never be solved
>> because one side has the better arguments.
>
> How does this relate to data on whether users can distinguish "in
> non-free on a Debian mirror" and "part of the Debian operating system
> distribution"?
>
>> So, I'm all for voting ASAP.
>
> Fortunately, there is enough time to challenge more people making
> similarly unsupported arguments against the proposed GR. Hopefully,
> they will obviously avoid questions too, like "Users won't consider
> debian without non-free. \\ Do we know that? \\ I like pigs."

Fortunately, there is enough time to challenge more people forgetting
that some of our user need non-free driver to install some hardware on
their computer, and that without a non-free replacement, we are
forgetting them and their need. Fortunately.

The problem is not that user consider debian or not, it is that some
of them need non-free.

--
Rémi Vanicat