Re: Questions to candidates

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 02:27:17PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> I'm not sure it's fruitful to ground public conclusions (on -vote) on
> premises that have to remain private.  If nothing else, it leaves
> non-Debian-Developers following our election process almost completely
> in the dark.
>
> Moreover, there are many Debian developers who are not subscribed to
> debian-private.

Pascal Hakim, one of our list admins, told me on IRC that -private has
about 844 subscribers, and according to the Secretary's vote page for
this election[1], we have 908 developers.

"Many" can be a slippery qualifier, but I admit the proportion of
subscribers is far higher than I expected.  I thought something like 1/2
to 2/3rds of our developers were subscribed.  I must have given too much
weight to the people who have periodcally trumpeted that they'll
unsubscribe from -private if the off-topic stuff isn't kept to a
minimum.  :)

Anyway, this figure is worth reporting if anyone wants to start a
discussion of sensitive matters germane to the campaign.  -private would
be the place to do it.

[1] http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/vote_001

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I must despise the world which does
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    not know that music is a higher