Re: non-free proposal (was Re: Questions to candidates)

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 07:21:27PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> I think it's not impossible that some (more) of the opponents could be
> made to understand why people might disagree with them. But I can't
> imagine any even theoretically possible scenarios where this would
> change their opinion, so there's no point wasting the effort.

You're not trying to convince the people who've thought the issue through
and have decided you're wrong; you're trying to convince the people who
haven't thought it through, by providing interesting points and arguments
to help them think it through. The discussions on the lists are generally
not going to be with people who haven't thought things through yet,
but the point of them is so that you can see all the questions and ideas
that people could come up with, and provide responses to them.

IMO, YMMV, obviously.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.